Setting due dates in JIRA for every transition

Sandeep Kumar February 13, 2014

Hi All,

Can we set the due dates in JIRA for every workflow transition.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I don't see this feature available out of the box.

Therefore, could you please give me some pointers to add this feature by using a plug-in or programatically.

Thanks

SKumar

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2014

Not really, because your rules for setting a due date are probably very very different from anyone else's.

There's no quick function for this, but there are some add-ons which provide post-functions (post-functions are mostly used to update data as issues go through transitions) that could be used to set due-dates. But for the most flexibility, I'd simply install the script-runner plugin - that lets you create post-functions with a minimum of coding and they can be edited in-place as well.

Sandeep Kumar February 13, 2014

Could you please provide me some sample script which I try to handle due dates.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2014
There's lots of examples under https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner- I've not got one to hand myself

Suggest an answer