• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Setting customer password for access to Jira service desk portal

Hi All, 

I am currently implementing a brand new service desk project/portal into our company and would like to setup the organisations and customers without sending out the initial sign up email. 

I have added in the organisation and added a customer against it (I have disabled all emails so i know they wont receive the sign up email where it asks them to set the password) however i cannot find how to set the password manually in the system.

I need to make sure that the customer can only see what we want them to see and cannot access any other projects setup as we have a development service desk project that we do not want them seeing. 

I hope this make sense. 

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Karen,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In order to set a password for a customer, it's necessary to go to Administration > Jira Service Desk > Click on … next to the desired customer and change the password.

Screenshot 2020-01-06_18-08-09-367.png

When we add a customer to a project, if other Service Desk projects are closed, they won't have access to anything but the project you added them.

For a project to be closed, the necessary configuration is to go to Project settings > Customer permissions > Who can access the portal and send requests to Service Desk Project? > Customers my team adds to the project > Save.

Doing that on all Service Desk projects will assure that only people added manually to the project will have access to see the customer portal for the specific project.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Thank you so much for the help - i have managed to set the password and access the portal.

I can see that the customer can see our development/training portal which they shouldnt be able to. I think this is due to the same organisations being added to both portals, is this correct? 

Would i need to remove the organisations from our dev/training portal in order for this to work?

Thanks 

If the organization was added to the other project, they will be able to see the portal too, because all customers added to the org will be automatically added to a project if you add the organization. 

In order to work, you need to remove the organization and then manually add the customers that need to access the dev/training portal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you