Setting Security level based on group custom field value

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

Hi,

I am playing with a test build of Jira 5.2 (integrated with crowd 2.5).

I have a multi-select custom field with a value of 'foobar'

I have a group with users called 'foobar'

Based on this documentation (see link and snippet below), I was led to believe that a user could select the value from this multiselect field, and the corresponding group would be applied to the security scheme. Am I missing something? Right now, the security scheme applies, but blocks everyone from seeing the issue. I don't think the value of 'foobar' is matching the group name of 'foobar'. Any tips much appreciated!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue-level+Security

A security level's members may consist of:

Individual users
    Groups
    Project roles
    Issue roles such as 'Reporter', 'Project Lead', and 'Current Assignee'
    'Anyone' (eg. to allow anonymous access)
    A (multi-)user picker custom field.
    A (multi-)group picker custom field. This can either be an actual group picker custom field, or a (multi-)select-list whose values are group names.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

You have a multi select custom field and with option "foobar" and you have group with name "foobar" .

Please new security by selecting Group Selector and choose the multi select custom field which has " foobar" option. Then the "foobar" group members can see all the tickets with the multi select custom field field value "foobar".

This works. you can try.

Suggest an answer