Set the reporter of a ticket created by an agent

DTrierweiler May 24, 2019

Hey community,

we are currently migration from an old ticket system to Jira Service Desk and want to give our customers a head start by creating their old (still open) tickets to the new system. In order to do so, we just create them manually and set the reporter field to the correct customer (who already has an account and can create tickets).

The assignment works, but the customer is not able to see tickets created this way. Is there any other field, that I still need to set? Or any other things I'm unaware of?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best,
Daniel

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2019

Hi Daniel,

by saying the customer is not able to see the ticket I assume your customer is accessing his tickets not from within Jira but the customer portal, right? Please make sure to set a request type for each ticket so it will appear there.

Best, Max

Hey Max!

Thank you too for your answer.
Yeah, you're right - they access the tickets from the customer portal.

And I just checked for the request type - you are right. I was missing the correct request type and the field itself was not in the field schema.

After adding it, it works like a charm! Thanks a lot :)

All the best,
Daniel

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2019

You're welcome! Been there, done that! :D 

0 votes
Etienne Janse van Rensburg May 24, 2019

Hi Daniel,

Verify that your customers has access to the project (as a customer) your are creating the issue in.
Your customer won't get an notification from when the ticket was raised (done by you as you have stated), but as soon as they have been added as a watcher or as the reporter, and any changes and/or comments has been made to/on the ticket/issue, they should then be notified.
Alternatively, you can send them a link to the issue by referencing the issue key.

Hope this finds you well.

Hey Etienne!

Thank you for your answer.
The customer is added as a reporter and is on the watchlist - they won't get a notification and are not able to see it in the customer portal. They can't even access it, with the issue-id.

Best,
Daniel

Suggest an answer