Service Desk - generate custom checklist for certain Request Types

Jake Harris January 23, 2015

I'm new to JIRA and to Service Desk. We're running the Cloud server, and I'm trying to figure out a way to create a checklist for certain Request Types. For example, we have a "New Hire" Request Type. When this is selected, the Service Agent has a lot of tasks that need to be completed: purchase a computer, create accounts, set up email, and so on. I'm looking for some way to help the agent remember to do and keep track of everything that they have done. I'm open to recommendations - sub tasks seems like one option, but then we're relying on the agent correctly selecting all of the correct sub tasks. Seems like workflow might do it, but I don't see how to set it up.

Thanks!

6 answers

0 votes
Scott Higgins January 22, 2018

THere is a checklist add on called checklist for jira that is avaiable for cloud

0 votes
mike.waechter September 24, 2015

Yes, please! I'm trying to understand the process/workflow and there doesn't seem to be a way to integrate a checklist for support staff?

0 votes
simon desharnais March 30, 2015

I was facing the same problem but to be after switching to the hosted version there are so many plugins to add to the platform you don't have any limitations. You should consider the hosted option if you get out of the boundaries a little bit otherwise you're gonna waste a lot of time trying to work around when it can easily be done with a plugin.

0 votes
Jake Harris January 26, 2015

Thanks,, but Automation isn't available for Cloud

0 votes
Sebastian Domanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2015

Haven't tried that one, so just a rough idea - but maybe Automation plugin would solve it? E.g. when issue is created, create subtasks A, B, C, etc.

0 votes
Rob Thieszen January 23, 2015

Very interested in this also.

Suggest an answer