Service Desk comments copy in Jira Linked Issue

Hi,

We have the Service Desk module and the Jira for our developers. But when we create a Service Desk ticket we will also Create a linked Issue and copied the attachments, so that works.

But now our ServiceDesk people put comments in a Service Desk ticket but that comment is not show automatic in Jira Issue ticket, so our Developer must always look in the Service Desk ticket for latest comments.

Is there any synchronize option between the comments for Service Desk and Jira issue Ticket??

Thanks!!

1 answer

1 votes
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 04, 2018

What do you mean by Service Desk Module?

I mean that we have also this product:

https://nl.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk

Together with Jira Software

I see.

A request in Service Desk is actually an issue in Jira. But as far as I understand you also create a linked issue for the request issue, am I right? And then when a comment is added for the request issue you can not see this comment on the linked issue. Am I right? If I am right then everything is correct. When you add a comment to the request issue it will not be added automatically to the linked issue if you did not set up. Or you have setup  it somehow? I mean there must be some code or automation rule to copy comments between linked issues.

Hi, yes you are right!

Oke, so the comment in Request Issue will not automatically created also for Linked Issue...

Is there some code to copy comments between Request Issue and Linked Issue you know?

Thanks

You would need an addon to write a code.

If you are on Jira Server/ Data Center you could use Power Scripts add-on.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin/server/overview

You could create a listener which would listen on the comment added event. In the listener you would take the last comment and copied it to the linked issue. If you have the add-on I can provide you with such code.

Alexey is exactly right. If you need help writing the exact script for the solution he described please let me know.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,975 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot