It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Service Desk Suggested Solutions Email Acknowledgement

Perrin G I'm New Here Sep 09, 2019

Kia Ora,

I have seen this elsewhere and am hoping Jira has something similar...

When a user sends an email, or submits a ticket through the SD portal, that the email acknowledgement email would list possible solutions, e.g....

"Thank you for your email.

Based on the issue you describe... try these:

If the suggested solutions have not helped &/or you just need a real person, please click here to submit your ticket."

I guess a ticket would need to be created so that it could be tracked to see who resolved w/ self help and who needed a human.

Appreciate your time and assistance.

-P

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Perrin, as a Kiwi your greeting drew me to click on your question.

You can add Confluence to Jira Service Desk to make it easy for your customers to find the help they need with automated knowledge base suggestions. This way a ticket is not created saving your team time. 

Perrin G I'm New Here Sep 18, 2019

Kia Ora Kat,

Thank you for this.

I now understand how the SD portal works, and that getting our tags, phrases, and error messages right so the relevant solution pops-up when users start to ask a question.

I like how we can report on diverted tickets (I think that is what they are called) so we can know if our KB articles are working.

Nga mihi nui.

-P

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you