Service Desk Create Issue Automation Not Linking JIRA Issue to Service Desk Request

Jason Simpson December 5, 2018

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up a Service Desk Automation that creates a linked issue in a related JIRA project. I've followed the instructions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/12/automatically-create-linked-issues-from-new-requests?_ga=2.52250541.526890134.1543848044-452051719.1508521064

When I submit a service desk request and the automation runs, it correctly creates a new issue in the JIRA project, but does not create a link between the JIRA project issue and the Service Desk request.

What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2018

Hi Jason,
I see you created a support request for this same issue as well.  Just for the sake of other users that might come across this problem, I'd like to share what we found there.

There is a current bug that documents what can cause this behavior.  Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6033 for complete details.

If the destination project where the linked issue is being created by automation does not have the 'Linked issues' field in the create screen, the automation cannot create the issue link.   The work-around for this is to modify the issue create screen for the destination project and make sure that the 'Linked issues' field appears on that screen.

Regards,

Andy

Jonathan Domanus May 6, 2022

Thank you Andy for your note. This did in fact work for me! My tickets are linking correctly now. I originally had issues as well, but once I had the Link Issue added to the screen, this started to work for me. 

0 votes
Ruth Ariel July 15, 2020

Hi @Jason Simpson 

Did you find the cause of the problem? I'm dealing with the same issue and I'd like to know what can I do.

Thanks, Ruth

Suggest an answer