Service Desk Application Will not Install after JIRA Core upgrade to 7.4.2

I have update our JIRA core recently and the JIRA Service Desk Application cannot be installed . I can see the button install as below :

1.png

When i click install though i get "An unexpected error occurred. Refer to the logs for more information.". I have tried reinstalling jirs service desk using the linux installer . i have rebooted the server but nothing still the same thing .

Below are the logs:

2017-08-03 14:30:30,862 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-1 INFO kleanthis 1017x212x2 jpb7is 192.168.6.114 /rest/plugins/1.0/available/featured [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] No plugins found to be installed
2017-08-03 14:30:30,907 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-1 INFO kleanthis 1017x212x2 jpb7is 192.168.6.114 /rest/plugins/1.0/available/featured [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Updating plugin 'com.atlassian.servicedesk.application' from version '3.6.2' to version '3.6.2'
2017-08-03 14:30:30,910 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-1 INFO kleanthis 1017x212x2 jpb7is 192.168.6.114 /rest/plugins/1.0/available/featured [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Removed plugin 'com.atlassian.servicedesk.application'
2017-08-03 14:30:33,409 UpmScheduler:thread-3 WARN kleanthis 1017x212x2 jpb7is 192.168.6.114 /rest/plugins/1.0/available/featured [c.a.upm.pac.PacClientImpl] Update check request may take longer because of the number of add-ons

Can anyone help with this?

2 answers

3 votes

Hi Kleanthis,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into that issue.  Here is what I would do:

1. Check to see if Service Desk is disabled:
    select * from pluginstate where pluginenabled = 'false'; 
  2. If you find anything with that query:
    1. Stop JIRA
    2. Run the following SQL query:
      • UPDATE pluginstate SET pluginenabled='true' where pluginenabled = 'false'; 
      • Note: If you're using Oracle be sure to commit the change.
    3. Restart JIRA

Try those steps and let me know the outcome.

Cheers,

Branden

Thank you! I was having this same issue and this did indeed resolve it. I had other plugins disabled and needed to update only servicedesk and jira software.

UPDATE pluginstate SET pluginenabled='true' where pluginkey = 'com.atlassian.servicedesk.application';

UPDATE pluginstate SET pluginenabled='true' where pluginkey = 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-software-application';

This hasn't worked for me...

Same problem here, fix worked.

But not before I've spent about 4 hours uninstalling, re-installing, rolling back, manually replacing plugins etc.

Might be worth writing this up somewhere a little more prominent?

I found this issue after upgrading to 7.5. and this solution did in fact resolve it. I'd like to know why this would've happened?

Same for me. It worked after upgrading to 7.5

After restarting I found Service Desk as 'installed' but needs update in Applications. after downloading it was updated and everything went well

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,859 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot