Server ID for first time jira installation ?

Gregory Hock November 2, 2019

How do we discover server ID during first time jira evaluaiton installation on a virtual server ? Atlassian notes indicate the Server ID should appear on the "Specify your license key" screen during the installation; however, that screen is blank for our situation.  We tried the server DNS name and considered using IP address or MAC address but think those are all wrong because Atlassian issue pages indicate the servier ID is 16 characters (4 sets of 4 characters)?  We need the server ID after installation to acquire a 30 day trial license at atlassian.com.   This appears to be way to difficult ...

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Crandell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2019

Hi @Gregory Hock 

I am not in front of my PC right now but , I think it is stored in the app properties file or one of the other files in the file system. I would check the directories in this link and see if you can find it there: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/important-directories-and-files-938847744.html

Suggest an answer