Sequence numbers for Jira table rows

Edward in Oil City
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 1, 2019

Hello,

I need to make several simple tables in Jira descriptions and Jira comments. And I would like the rows of the tables to be numbered automatically. 

From the abundant documentation for Confluence, I see that I can use the "#" character. However, the number does not increment in my Jira tables, and each row in the table is numbered "1".

How can I get the row numbers to automatically increment in a Jira table?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2019

Hi @Edward in Oil City

I'm not sure if this is possible.

The # refers to a numbered list as opposed to numbers in a table - so if you have sequential lines with hashtags at the start, it'll number them 1, 2, 3, etc.

This is not the same in the table where they're not sequential insofar that there is other markup at the start (i.e the side of the table).

Given the simplicity of Jira tables, I'd advise just numbering manually. The alternative is an add-on which offers you more power in Jira tables / table custom fields - see the Marketplace for some results for "Jira tables"

Ste

Edward in Oil City
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 5, 2019

Hi Stephen,

Thank you.

Regards,

Edward

Suggest an answer