Send custom email via ScriptRunner: Cannot add request participants as CC

phellipe_silva December 30, 2015

Hello,

I am trying to create an automation which sends a custom email whenever an issue is closed on JIRA Service Desk. I am using the following option: Issue Workflow > Add Post Function > Script Post Function > Send a Custom Email.

I would like to fill the CC issue fields with the issue's request participants, as shown in the picture below:

customEmail1.PNG

The request participants is a locked custom field:

requestParticipantsField.PNG

The problem is:

The "CC issue fields" field does not seems to get the user email correctly. The CC is filled with some sort of user reference and the email cannot be sent this way. In the example below I used the reporter and request participant (customfield_13400) as the same user. 

previewEmail.PNG

Am I doing something wrong? I really need to use the request participants as CC for my email.

Regards,

Phellipe Silva.

JIRA v7.0.0
JIRA Service Desk v3.0.0
Adaptavist ScriptRunner for Jira v4.2.0.1

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2016

Phellipe,

A bug report raised - GRV-865, the issue is that the request participants type is not handled correctly. A possible workaround would be to copy the values of the request participants to a multi user picker custom field (using a listener or a post function) and then use the multi user picker custom field in the cc field. If you need any assistance to implement the proposed workaround please let me know. I will keep you informed (or you can watch the above issue) for the progress.

Kind regards    

phellipe_silva January 4, 2016

Thank you very much for the reply! I will try the proposed workaround. Regards, Phellipe.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

Hi Phellipe,

UPDATE: The bug will be fixed in the next release, 4.2.0.5

0 votes
phellipe_silva January 4, 2016

Hello Thanos, The type is "Request Participants". I think it is a specific type from Jira Service Desk. You can check it on the following link: http://postimg.org/image/xah6kcio1/

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2016

Hi Phellipe, Can I ask you what type is your custom field ?

Suggest an answer