Send create notification to 2 people

Jeremy Banks May 12, 2017

I am working with a complex situation and I am hoping for some help. I have 1 project with 9 different issue types. This is what I have set up:

1 project
9 workflows
1 workflow scheme configured to each workflow
9 screens
9 screen schemes
1 Issue type screen schemes

For 8 of my workflows, I have an auto assign set up when a case is created. For the last one, 2 people need to be notified when a case is created. I know I can use a group, but I don't want to do this in the notification scheme because alerts would go out to everyone in the project. Is there a way to send a notification to 2 people in the workflow?

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2017

Do you need to notify the same two people every time? Or does it vary on an issue by issue basis?

Jeremy Banks May 12, 2017

It will be the same 2 people every time for that 1 issue type.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2017

One solution that might work for you is:

1. Set up a project role, called something like 'Special People' and, in your project settings 'Users and roles', add the two people to it.
  2. Create a new custom event called something like 'Special Issue Created'.
  3. Update the create transition in the workflow for your issue type. Edit the post functions so the 'Special Issue Created' event is triggered rather than the normal 'Issue Created' event.
  4. Edit your notification scheme so that the 'Special People' project role is notified when a 'Special Issue Created' event is triggered.

Edit: Corrected spelling, added links.

Suggest an answer