Send a custom email in post-function in JIRA workflow

Hi,

I want to send a custom email as a post-function in JIRA work follow. I want to send it directly to a person, and when an issue's status turn to Done from In progress. So if somebody move an issue to the done, then he will get an email about it.

I don't know the code of it. please can someone suggest? And the progress of it (Recipients, Body, Subject field etc)

Thanks

Olga

1 answer

Hi OIga, there are a couple of ways to achieve this.

1. use JIRA features only: 
    1. create a custom event type in JIRA
    2. edit the workflow transition to fire this event
    3. configure recipients of the notifications when this event occurs in the project's notification scheme
  2. Use Email This Issue add-on
    1. It has a post-function component that you can configure to send the emails regardless of the event fired using customizable email templates, attachments etc
    2. It has complete customizable notifications and a set of tutorials
  3. Use ScriptRunner for JIRA
    1. It hs support for a script post function that has an implementation that can send email
  4. I believe JEMH has this feature as well, but I'm not sure how it works.

Tibor

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,397 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you