Segregate issue type by client id

Francois Baviere MPH November 5, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Setting up service desk users

Hi,

For the same project, I want for the same JIRA project to segregate issue types by client id.

For example

the client name1 can see issue type1 and issue type 3... but not issue type 2

The client name2 can see issue type2 but not the rest.

Thanks for the help

F

4 answers

0 votes
Francois Baviere MPH November 8, 2015

Thanks for your answer. I can't make those "security levels" work. Are you sure I can make the portal looks like different (number of issue types should change) that way?

Thanks for your help

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2015

Try "issue security schemes".  These let you define "security levels" that will hide issues unless a user matches the rules given.  So you could set "level basic" = everyone can see it, and "level power" = only power users can see it (and for your situation, I'd use the workflow to set the level to "power" on changes automatically)

0 votes
Francois Baviere MPH November 5, 2015

Thanks for your answer. It precises stuff but it was not my question. I will take an example to make it clearer.

I am an ITIL servicedesk I manage incidents, problems, service requests, changes. So the same contract, I have a population of 2 kinds of users: basic users and power users.

Basic users can declare through the client portal incidents and service requests

Power users can declare through the client portal incidents, service requests AND CHANGES

I'd like to know how to do this kind of segregation without using multiple Jira projects.

Thanks for your help

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2015

Hello François,
In JIRA Service Desk, the customers can only check their own issues or issues that were added as requested participants. So in a single SDS project, even if the customerA creates an issue, the customerB won't be able to see it, unless if customerA set the other customer as a requested participant. 

In other words, you can't run that kind of permission in Service Desk, but I'd recommend you to watch the following issues for that goal:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-270

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-2386

Suggest an answer