It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Searching for multiple labels

I have a very simple question but can not find the answer with multiple trys. I need to search in Jira for issues that have two labels A and B. The default seems to be A or B and I can not find a way to change the operator. I tried both A AND B, A and B and neither works...

6 answers

labels = A AND labels = B

Can this be specified in the search interface?

I would like to make this search work in the Issue Navigator. Is that possible?

or .. labels in (A, B)

xDDD

you're right!

that's an OR not an AND :-) That search would return all issues with either A or B as a label

it will check if it is in both the label then only it will filter

labels
in (A) AND labels in (B)

I agree, that is an OR

None of the posted suggestions are correct. This multi value field (it's not a text field) seems to handle the search set intersections like an "OR" rather than "AND"

Will post here if I find anything helpful. I need to search where Labels have three set values, not one or two of the three. Probably end up doing a count of the labels containing certain characters... a wobbly solution.

Cheers,

Pete Q

Products like this add-on app give a clue about searches involving these type of fields. I'm not buying another add-on for our use case, or going complex with jump-through-hoops programming to hammer together a search routine. There are other fields that we can use to suit our scenario.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214233/wildcards-search-plugin-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes

I had the same problem filtering components.  This is how I solved it.  Unfortunately it doesn't work with the basic filter, I had to use advanced to edit the text itself.

I am able to filter issues that have both "Customer" and "FPGA" components by including this string:

"AND component = Customer AND component = FPGA"

I am able to filter issues with "Customer" and NOT "FPGA" by including this string:

"AND component = Customer AND component not in (FPGA)"

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published Apr 09, 2019 in Portfolio for Jira

Portfolio for Jira 3.0 is here!

The wait is over... Portfolio for Jira Server and Data Center 3.0 is now officially here! Platform releases offer Atlassian an opportunity to shift our strategy, make bold predictions about t...

1,348 views 14 25
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you