Search column for epic child issue count

Mark Davis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 24, 2021

Hi all,

I am trying to display the number of issues in an epic on the search screen. I need all epics rather than just specific ones, so ideally i just need a column that displays the child issues count when i have filterd to just display epics. Is that possible?

2 answers

1 vote
Kate Kabir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Mark Davis 

The Script Fields can be searched for in JQL but the value cannot be shown in the column in the search results as in our documentation here.

Kind Regards

Kate

1 vote
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Mark Davis , it is not possible by default. You can use Scripted fields function of ScriptRunner App (https://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/scripted-fields.html#_last_comment_scripted_field).

So the result would be new field on epics with value showing number of child issues of the epic.

Mark Davis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 24, 2021

Thanks Martin. Will look into ScriptRunner.

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Mark Davis , sorry, I obviously didn't provide correct answer, because as @Kate Kabir mentioned, it does not allow you to add field to columns of JQL filter :(

Like Kate Kabir likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events