Search Issues with translated custom fields

Hi there,

with Jira 6 it is possible to translate custom fields. Thats nice for international projects/instances.

BUT: It is not possible to search for those translated field-names with JQL.

Example:

field "Schweregrad" already exists and I translated that field with "Severity"

If I change my profile-language to english the field shows correct as Severity in issues.

If I search for issues in the basic-mode I can add "Severity" as search-item, but if i change than to advanced-mode this is "back-translated" to "Schweregrad".
If I type in JQL "Severity = high" an error returns that the field does not exist.

Is that normal that fields are only searchable with JQL as their origianally created names?

Kind regards
André

1 answer

1 accepted

HI there,

JQL is always searching for the initial customfield_name and doesn't notice a translation.
if you use german words to create customfields your JQL search has to use these words as well.

Hope this help you.

Greets
Simon
 

Suggest an answer

Log in or Join to answer
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,331 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot