Scriptrunner-Behaviours alternative for Jira Cloud

Ezadin Mahmoud February 16, 2022

Hello Community,

We are currently using Jira Server with many custom 'Behaviours' (ScriptRunner for Jira plugin) that allow us to manage all related fields in Jira and especially in the View Screens via code.
Adaptavist has confirmed to us that the ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud plugin is unfortunately not able to provide the same Behaviours functionality that the Server version can currently provide.

Do you know of another JIRA Cloud plugin that offers similar functionality to Behaviours in Scriptrunner?

Best regards

Ezadin

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2022

There is no alternative because Cloud does not support any way to implement Behaviours.  It's not a case of Scriptrunner not implementing it - no one can because Cloud doesn't allow it.

The Scriptrunner team are working with Atlassian on defining what they would need to be able to write SR Behaviours for Cloud, but until they get there, there is no option.  I don't have a timeframe on it I'm afraid, all I know is it's in progress.

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2022

Further to Nics answer I can confirm we have an open feature request for behaviours locted here and you can follow this to see when this feature will be released in future.

0 votes
Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2022

Hi @Ezadin Mahmoud 

Unfortunately it is because of limitations in Cloud that it is not possible. see here

This also means that other develepors would run into the same problems. 

So the real question here would be, what functionality are you expecting because maybe there is a workaround for what you need. 

Regards

Dave

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2022

Hi @Ezadin Mahmoud

You will soon have forms feature released which will include feature to that as behaviors but not  all the same

Please find the reference here

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/what-are-forms-and-what-can-they-do

Another workaround is Scripted fields

https://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/scripted-fields.html

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer