ScriptRunner With BetterExcel - Export Attachments

walkerboy1911 June 3, 2020

Right now, the BetterExcel for JIRA plugin does not natively allow the export of issue attachments into the excel document. I know that ScriptRunner is able to export attachments. I'm wondering if there has been any ScriptRunner/BetterExcel Integration that would allow me to use ScriptRunner within my BetterExcel template to export the attachments into excel. 

Please let me know if you're able to help me do this. 

2 answers

0 votes
scott_boisvert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

@walkerboy1911 You mentioned ScriptRunner can export attachments. I'm trying to write a script to just that in Jira and I can't for life of me figure out how to get the actual attachment, all I can get is info about the attachment.

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2020

When you write "export of issue attachments", do you mean exporting the filenames, filesize, etc. or actually embedding the attachment file in the resulted spreadsheet?

Suggest an answer