ScriptRunner Behaviours Constrained Issue get CustomField from current issue

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Hello,

i try to create a "constrained issue" (https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.2.0/jira/fragments/CreateConstrainedIssue.html) button for creating a new issue based on the current issue.

I get all fields that i need expect a single custom field value (single line text).

Here is the complete behaviours script:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import static com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueFieldConstants.*
import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FieldBehaviours
import groovy.transform.BaseScript

@BaseScript FieldBehaviours fieldBehaviours

ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()

def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
//Check to make sure this is the correct context for the behaviour.

if (getBehaviourContextId() == "create-document") {

//Set the project and issuetype to be readonly so the user cannot alter these.
getFieldById("project-field").setReadOnly(true)
getFieldById("issuetype-field").setReadOnly(true)

//Find the details of the Issue from which the request to link was made
def contextIssue = issueManager.getIssueObject(getContextIssueId())
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

//Pre-populate the Summary, issue link and issue link type, security level and reporter.
getFieldById("summary").setFormValue("Document Request created from ${contextIssue.reporter.displayName}").setReadOnly(false)
getFieldById(REPORTER).setFormValue("${contextIssue.reporterId}").setReadOnly(true)
getFieldById("security").setFormValue("${contextIssue.securityLevelId}").setReadOnly(true)
getFieldById("issuelinks-linktype").setFormValue("was split from").setReadOnly(true)
getFieldById("issuelinks-issues").setFormValue("${contextIssue.key}").setReadOnly(true)

// Hard Coded values work but i need the value from the current issue. In this case it's a single line text field
getFieldById("customfield_13206").setFormValue("Some hard coded textthat i want read from customfield_13206").setReadOnly(true)
}

Here is the line that i want to make more dynamic :)

getFieldById("customfield_13206").setFormValue("Some hard coded textthat i want read from customfield_13206").setReadOnly(true)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Tim

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

Hi Tim,

So if you are not in an issue create screen, you can get the issue using the 

underlyingIssue

bound variable. Therefore if you want to get the value of the custom field with key customfield_13206 you will need something like 

def cf = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_13206")
def cfValue = underlyingIssue.getCustomFieldValue(cf)

Hope that helps, ping me if you have any other questions.

Regards, Thanos

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2017

Hello Thanos,

i've replaced my line with your line and this didn't work.

I get this error in atlassian-jira.log

2017-11-13 13:15:57,892 http-bio-8443-exec-6390 ERROR admin 795x1256291x1 1m0tvre 172.17.100.102 /rest/com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours/1.0/behaviours/validatorsByPid.json [c.o.jira.behaviours.BehaviourManagerImpl] *************************************************************************************
2017-11-13 13:15:57,894 http-bio-8443-exec-6390 ERROR admin 795x1256291x1 1m0tvre 172.17.100.102 /rest/com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours/1.0/behaviours/validatorsByPid.json [c.o.jira.behaviours.BehaviourManagerImpl] Script function failed on issue: (create issue) project/issuetype: PS/Additional Documents, user: admin, fieldId: __init__, file: <inline script>
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getCustomFieldValue() on null object
at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:41)

Regards,
Tim

Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2017

Okay, i got it :) 

I think the problem was, that my variable for context was contextIssue and not underlyingIssue

getFieldById("customfield_13206").setFormValue(contextIssue.getCustomFieldValue(customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_13206"))).setReadOnly(true) 

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Tim

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2017

Hey Tim, 

Sorry I misread the question (the underlying issue would be the solution if you were editing the same issue).

But in your case what you are doing with the contextIssue is the right way.

Glad you found it :)

Regards, Thanos

Jeff Pandinha February 2, 2018

Hi Tim,

Tried your code, but it doesn't work for me. Also tried with "${}" substitution such as:

getFieldById("customfield_13206").setFormValue("${contextIssue.getCustomFieldValue(customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_13206"))}").setReadOnly(true)

That still didn't work. Did you put your code as Initialiser or on the Field itself?

Thanks,
Jeff

R February 21, 2018

Hey,

getBehaviourContextId() always returns null. Is there another method/field to get this context?

Regards.

Artemy Matvienko
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2018

I'm also getting null from getBehaviourContextId()

Marina Veselić July 25, 2018

Same here! 

Michal Kurtak September 25, 2018

Hi,

Same here. I get null for getBehaviourContextId() and null for getContextIssueId(). Have you found a workaround?

Thanks

Michal

Suggest an answer