Script to increment value of custom field in Post Validation Condition

Ian Chilvers February 25, 2014

I have created a Custom Field (Number) called 'Failed Count' with a default value of 0 (zero).

I want to add a Post Validator condition to the transition 'Fail', if the user selects this option from the 'In Test' status step to increment the value of the 'Fail Count' field by 1 every time it passes through this workflow path. Field is Customfield_11505 (found via looking at URL from 'Configure' option for field).

I have no idea how to code HTML, so any help appreciated.

Thanks

5 answers

2 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

Using JJupin, your script is:

customfield_11505 += 1;

HTH

Thanks Radu - I will give it a go and advise if it works.

Unfortunately, it failed ...

Unable to update custom field customfield_11505 - Failed Count in issue [RELDEMO-12].

As a thought - do I need to put this code inside some HTML - something similar to this ... (as I have said, I do not know HTML or scripting code, so this is a best guess)

<!-- @@Formula: customfield_11505 += 1; : 0) -->

Also, apologies, but I have no idea what 'JJupin' means

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

Don't bother. It works (believe me), this is a plugin we created for easy scripting your JIRA.

So, using the 'Update Issue Custom Field' Post Validator option - in the 'Custom Field Value' - I type ... customfield_11505 +=1; - no other code around it and no other punctutation?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

I believe you're talking about another plugin (JIRA Suite Utilities plugin). In that case, refer to their help. Ours do something similar, but in a completely different way.

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2014
0 votes
Rumceisz July 7, 2014

Hi,

this is my solution:

import com.atlassian.core.util.DateUtils
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.history.ChangeItemBean

def componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()
def changeHistoryManager = componentManager.getChangeHistoryManager()

def reopened = "1"
def resolved = "5"

def prev =""
def count = 0; 

changeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField (issue, "status").each {ChangeItemBean item -&gt;

def from  = item.from;
 def to = item.to;
 if (to.equals(reopened) &amp;&amp; resolved.equals(from))
 {
 	count++;		
 }
}

// NOTE: doesn't show anything if less than 60 seconds
return count as Double;

0 votes

Thanks for quick response Tarun. Yes, I want to add a Post Condition, Update Issue Costom Field - Select 'Field Count' for 'Issue Custom Field' and then add the script in the 'Custom Field Value' that increments the value by 1. It is the script that I need to put in there that I don't know how to code.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2014

Doing it in a post-function might be better than trying to do it in HTML/JS.

Suggest an answer