Script runner escalation service scheduler

Hi,

I use escalation service in script runner plugin, job executes correctly when I run it manually, but somehow it doesn't run on schedule (daily). Did someone know what could be problem? Did I have to define a service or something in Jira, so that escalation service would run.

Andris.

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Does it skip days, or do you think it never runs?

Hi Jamie,

I'm having the same problem. Escalation performs as expected when run manually but never runs. Interval is 1 day. I.e. 1440

hi, what version of jira and the plugin is this?

JIRA 6.3.6 and Script Runner 3.0.6

There were major changes to the scheduling mechanism in version 4 - can you try that? Warning: version 4 is commercial.

Hey Jamie,

I am running into the same problem. The Escalation Service runs fine manually, but neither the cron nor interval execute. Running script runner 5.1.6 on Service Desk 3.0.10.

looks like it hangs somehow. After jira restart it works again for some time...

Hi Andris,
Hi Ralfe,

Have you tried to do it with a CRON expression? From my side it worked fine with CRON:

0 0 1 ? * 7 * = every Saturday at 1am

If you want to have it on a daily basis at 1am it would look like:

0 0 1 * * * *

Note:

tag 1: seconds (JIRA speciality)
tag 2: minutes
tag 3: hours
tag 4: day
tag 5: month
tag 6: weekday
tag 7: year
separator: blank

I've updated the latest version 4.x of Script Runner that supports JIRA 6.x. I also tried CRON expressions but still no luck having the escalation fire automatically

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

197 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you