Script Runner "Switch to a different user" removed?

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2015

hello,

Reviewing the latest Script Runner update (https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts) I see that the script "Switch to a different user" no longer exists.

Is this an error in the documentation? Or has it really been removed?

It was very useful to perform user issues!!

Thanks for any help anyone has!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alejo Villarrubia [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2015

Hi Jacques.

The functionality hasn't been removed and it exists in the latest versions of ScriptRunner.

We are migrating the documentation to a new platform, so you will be able to see it there soon.

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2015

Thanks Alejo! The reason for my question is the following: I'm currently using script runner version 3.0.6 and with the latest Google Chrome Update (version 44.0.2403.130 m) this particular function does no longer seem to work when in an "incognito window". When running the script it seems the user gets logged out. (both the admin as the user you're trying to impersonate). I'm not sure if it's my script runner version, or if it's a Chrome bug. You have any idea?

Alejo Villarrubia [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2015

I've tried with the latest version and almost the same version of Chrome and the impersonation seems to work fine. Nothing has changed around that functionality recently, so I guess it will have more to do with the way Chrome deals with browsing sessions.

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2015

OK. I'll try again. Thanks for everything Alejo!

Sai Praveen Aminigadda November 14, 2018

Do we have this feature in cloud too??Im not getting any option to impersonate in JIRA cloud

0 votes
Sai Praveen Aminigadda November 14, 2018

Do we have this feature in cloud too??

Im not getting any option to impersonate in JIRA cloud

Suggest an answer