Script Runner - create sub-task automatically post function - set default Descrption

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

Hi Team,

In my project workflow for a Transition I added a Post-function to create a sub-task automatically and I selected the 3 fields to copy the values from Parent issue

When i Execute the workflow Transition its creating a subtask automatically  and copying the values  from Parent issue.

So, here I need When its Creating subtask automatically i need to set a Default value for "Description" field.

Can you please suggest me how to achieve this

Thanks,

Kumar

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2019

Hello @Kumar 

In the "Additional Actions" section of the create sub-task post-function you can set the default description

issue.description = 'default description'
Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

@Tarun Sapra  Thanks for your quick response

Here is the default value  for description I need to set like

Description

DateTime:

Cause:

Action:

This is the value i need to set can you please help me here in the 'defalut description' i replased the above vale its says error

Thansk,

Kumar

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2019

Hello @Kumar 

Based on your requirement I suggest you to use the behaviour module of SR plugin which get's activated at the time of create issue screen popup

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2019

@Tarun Sapra  Thanks for your reply 

I tried the Behaviour script but its not working while its creating sub-task automatic

after creating when i click on Edit and Update the subtask then its working.

Thanks,

Kumar

Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2019

Hi @Tarun Sapra  I resolved it I did a small change in the script

issue.description = """ Description

DateTime

Cause

Action""".replaceAll(/ /, '') 

This is the script i have modified and its working thanks for your help 

Thanks,

Kumar

Lars Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2021

Hi, does anybody now how to add bullet points to the value? description is a rich text field, so there must be a way to include formatting elements.

Suggest an answer