Saved Filters vs Rich Filters

zhao-lin-li October 2, 2019

I'm trying to find documentation on the difference between Filters and Rich Filters.  Is there any reason to use a Rich Filter instead of just a normal Filter?

Thank you for your help :)

FiltersVsRichFilters.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

I believe, but not 100% sure that Rich Filters is associated with the addon from Qotilabs. Whereas the manage filters is associated with OOTB functionality.

zhao-lin-li October 2, 2019

Oh wow...I thought they were both Atlassian artifacts. I'm guessing OOTB means out of the box.

And that implies that Rich Filter adds functionality on top of Atlassian's Filter so that it can work with Qotilabs add-ons. 

That clears things up. Thank you so much. 

Like Dave Liao likes this
0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2020

@zhao-lin-li - Jack's correct, rich filters are part of the Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards app by Qotilabs.

If you decide to create a rich filter, that rich filter needs an underlying issue filter (either one you make, or an existing issue filter).

zhao-lin-li September 26, 2020

Thanks @Dave Liao for the additional information. 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Eric.Liner September 12, 2022

Hi, 

If you have an underlying issue filter, then why would you want to create a rich filter?  What's the benefit of having a rich filter?  I see a whole bunch of 'rich filter' gadgets for the dashboard that I created, but I don't know what the benefit is of setting them up.  

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2022

@Eric.Liner - Rich Filters extend existing native Jira filters in ways that a Rich Filter dashboard gadget can take advantage of.

Learn more: https://wiki.qotilabs.com/rich-filters/user-s-guide/configuring-rich-filters

Suggest an answer