[SOLVED] How to assign epics to Inititatives hierarchy?

nicola_campagna January 11, 2021

Hi all,

I'm configuring Advanced Roadmap tool. I'm facing some issues in the hierarchy configuration. I followed the steps to configure the Initiative hierarchy level here https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/configuring-hierarchy-levels-998650959.html. Now I can see the initiatives into my plan. I can create an epic inside the initiative and I can see the epic that has the initiative as a parent and the initiative that has the epic as a child. My question is: How can I assign already existing epics of my project to a newly created Initiative? I read to drag & drop the epic into the initiative but it doesn't work for me. Am I missing something?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
nicola_campagna January 13, 2021

It seems to be a permission grants problem. I am not a jira adminsitrator. Does anyone know which are the permission to be enabled to let this happen?

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2021

Hello @nicola_campagna ,

You will need to reach out to a Global Admin to check these settings but permissions that could be at play if you can make the desired changes on the board and issue directly but not the plan but are unable to manage the issues in the plan directly would be Plan level permissions covered in "Permissions in Advanced Roadmaps" and "Permissions"  where you would be missing the Plan level "Edit" permission.

But if you are unable to make changes in the plan or the board and issues, it's going to be something in the "Project permissions" , so looking at project permissions that can be required in the plan to commit actions would be, first and foremost "Browse Project" to see the issues, and the "create issue" and "Edit issue" which are the base permissions needed to do basic actions in the project. 

An additional permission that may be at play is the "Schedule Issue" permission, which comes into play for re-ranking, and moving the epic via drag and drop is going to apply a rank operation.

Additional details on this can be seen in "Configuring Permissions for Ranking and Scheduling in JIRA Agile" 

Let me know what you find

Regards,
Earl

Like nicola_campagna likes this
nicola_campagna January 25, 2021

Thanks Earl,

I solved the problem setting the right permissions into "Permission in Advanced Roadmaps".

Thanks a lot for your help,

Regards,

Nicola

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events