Running event update on all issues in a project

Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2016

We calculate priority through a listener and 2 scripted fields. We have made a change and need to trigger issue update event on all issues in one of projects. Is there a way through script-runner to do this?

4 answers

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2016

Likely a project reindex will do it for you. Test in staging of course

0 votes
Nathanael Motz July 1, 2016

I just had to do something very similar - also with a listener that sets priority based on two custom fields. My use case was fixing issues imported from CSV for which the listener did not set priority (still not sure why). Rather than modify the existing listener, I created a second listener with pretty much the same code except listening for a custom event (that I also created) and without the check for updates to the custom fields (which were set correctly on import). I then used the following code to fire the custom event:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def user = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager().getUserByName('automation')

def iem = ComponentAccessor.getIssueEventManager()
iem.dispatchEvent(Long.valueOf(10100), issue, user, false)

That was done in a test script field. I then wrapped that with this: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/misc/running-a-jql-query.html in order to fire the event on issues returned from a JQL query (project where priority was empty).

0 votes
Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2016

Because the listener adjust built in priority as well on issue update/create only. The arrows on all older closed issues and currently open issues before implementation are wrong. I have added the logic to a live service desk environment.

0 votes
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2016

I'm not sure I understand what/why you are you trying to update on the issues after you have calculated priority?

Suggest an answer