Hi, I have, let's say, 2 Epics - 'Users', 'Clients' - and I have, let's say, 3 releases / versions - 'V1', 'V2', 'V3'. I've got stories in 'Users' in V1, V2 & V3 and stories in Clients in V1 & V3.
Currently my roadmap simply shows two solid horizontal bars through the next three months (three x monthly releases).
I'd much rather show individual stories on the roadmap but given that I can't do that can I at least show that work on Users occurs in all three months but work on Clients will only occur in M1 & M3?
Should I split the Epics into 'Users V1', 'Users V2', 'Users V3' etc?
It allows you to add both epics and stories to your roadmaps, and even organize them under even higher level components like objectives (or initiatives/themes if you prefer).
Some additional benefits:
- Create a high-level product roadmap that can be shared with all your colleagues, not just product & engineering
- Easily manage many product roadmaps (based off the same underlying data, so all automatically stay up-to-date)
- Instantaneously filter roadmaps to see just the features that matter to a given customer or customer segment, based on actual feedback you've received
- Enjoy more capabilities to help you prioritize what goes on the roadmap in the first place
- A two-way integration with Jira supports seamless workflows between both systems
All in all, a great complement to Jira! Check it out if that sounds like that would address your need.
The Roadmap is designed to be a high level view and so it is based on EPICs and not designed for detail story level scheduling.
You can see individual stories under each EPIC and the status of work on those stories by clicking on the '>' sign in front of the EPIC, but at present it's not possible to view stories by release.
You could change your EPICs to align to your release dates as you suggest - and this will give you the view you're looking for - but an EPIC should be bound by the scope of the story it captures, not by a specific release. That said, your 'clients' and 'users' EPICs don't sound like EPIC stories so this may not be important to you.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events