• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Restrict users to see issue based on certain issuetypes

Hi Atlassian Family. 

We have JSD with 3 issue types(A,B,C), and for issues related to issue type B, we outside vendors to have view and comment access so we added them as collaborators by adding them to 'Service Desk team' form Users&Roles so that they can view issues and comment them that's it. But the problem is those outside vendors can also view issues based on rest of the issue types A &C.

I don't want them to see A & C, How can I achieve this, I tried Issue type security, but it was quite confusing for me. Can anyone elaborate or guide me?

Thanks

1 answer

Howdy!

I'd start with this documentation.

I'm trying to do the same thing, and have been thru all those docs - using JIRA Software cloud btw.  I want to restrict users to seeing only certain issue-types based on their roles.  I've created Issue security schemes, created new roles, updated permissions etc - but still can't figure out how to tie any of that into specific visibility of issuetypes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you