Restrict users to see issue based on certain issuetypes

KRC February 8, 2018

Hi Atlassian Family. 

We have JSD with 3 issue types(A,B,C), and for issues related to issue type B, we outside vendors to have view and comment access so we added them as collaborators by adding them to 'Service Desk team' form Users&Roles so that they can view issues and comment them that's it. But the problem is those outside vendors can also view issues based on rest of the issue types A &C.

I don't want them to see A & C, How can I achieve this, I tried Issue type security, but it was quite confusing for me. Can anyone elaborate or guide me?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2018

Howdy!

I'd start with this documentation.

Steven Haworth November 25, 2020

I'm trying to do the same thing, and have been thru all those docs - using JIRA Software cloud btw.  I want to restrict users to seeing only certain issue-types based on their roles.  I've created Issue security schemes, created new roles, updated permissions etc - but still can't figure out how to tie any of that into specific visibility of issuetypes.

Suggest an answer