Restrict users to configure filter subscriptions but enable to create shared filters

Parvez Misarwala January 8, 2022

Dear friends

I want to allow users to be able to create shared filters and dashboards, for which I wish to give 'Global Permissions' for shared filters and subscriptions. However, I want to disallow users to configure filter subscriptions. Is this possible just to restrict filter subscriptions? We have Jira server.

1 answer

1 vote
Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2022

Hi @Parvez Misarwala ,

JRASERVER-67872 was the feature request raised for such functionality, however it was not considered due to not enough traction.

As an alternate method (not preferred and must be tested) you can try and remove/hide the subscription link using a custom solution (css/java-script). Refer, How to hide elements in Jira using CSS or JavaScript 

Kind Regards
Utkarsh

Parvez Misarwala January 11, 2022

Right @Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_ 

In our organization, we do not recommend hiding UI elements through Java Script. I hope we have another better workaround for this.

Suggest an answer