Restrict issue access in a project based on component selected

Michelle Gronwold August 27, 2020

I have a project that has several Components set up to select from.

There is project level permissions so that all employees can browse the project.

I would like to restrict browse access to all issues where component = Provider Appeals to a specific group of people.

So issues will use the project permission scheme unless an issue has Component = Provider Appeals. Then I would like the permissions to be more restrictive.

Is that possible?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michelle Gronwold August 28, 2020

I found this and was able to get it to work. I set up Issue Level Security. Then used Project Automation addon to automatically set the Security Level when the issue is created if the component = provider appeals.

https://blog.isostech.com/atlassian/automating-issue-security-with-automation-for-jira

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2020

Hi Michelle,

No, not the Component field. You will have to set the value of the Security Level field as part of Issue Security to accomplish this. You may be able to use automation to set the Security Level field based on Component. Cheers!

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2020

You may be able to do it with scripting but not out of the box. I suggest you reword your question and ask how to restrict access with scriptrunner based on component. I don't use it so I can't help. 

Suggest an answer