Restrict Date Picker

MCjiraLearner July 29, 2019

I have a START DATE and END DATE that the customer chooses. How can I assure no more than 365 days is in between those two dates.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2019

Hi Mandouh,

To add a restriction between the start and end date you can add a Validator in the workflow, then if the customer selects the start date 1/Aug/2019 the limit for end date will be 31/Jul/2020.
Please, go to the Project settings > Workflows > Select to edit the desired workflow > Select the diagram mode and select the "Create" transition.

Screenshot 2019-08-01_15-28-39-248.png

On the next page, click on "Add validator" and choose the Date window validator > Add.

Select the fields to be validated the same as below:

Screenshot 2019-08-01_15-30-31-769.png
After that, publish the workflow and it will start working for the future tickets.

The only problem for that is the message that will appear in the portal that will not show specifically what is the error but it will highlight the end date field, so my suggestion is that you add a message on the introduction of the project (Project settings > Portal settings > Introduction text) informing about the start and end date.

Screenshot 2019-08-01_15-24-44-622.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

jingjing July 4, 2021

1.pngHi,according to your steps, I cannot find the Date window validator in the validator. My jira version is 7.6.1. I want to realize that the optional time range of the date picker is the current time and the current time + 1 month. May I ask this validator? Can it be achieved?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hello @jingjing,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

The steps I shared are valid only for Jira Cloud. Jira Server doesn’t have the same validators and post functions and most of them are based on add-ons.

I found only one thread here in the community with a similar request that may help you:

Kind regards,
Angélica

André Stuhrmann August 25, 2021

Dear @Angélica Luz

when will the Date Window Validator be available for on-premise?

Best regards,
André

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2021

Hello André,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

There are currently, no suggestions regarding adding this type of validator on Jira Server/Data Center. 

Please, feel free to raise one on jira.atlassian.com (project JRASERVER) and add more information about why this validator is important for your environment.

​​Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer