Restrict Access

Benny Argo May 16, 2018

I am fairly new to the administrative portion of Jira so if this question has been asked and answered please understand I am a newbie.

Is it possible to restrict users to only have access to projects, boards, task and sub-task? I do have users setup in my local environment and I do have them assigned to groups. The department VP does want the users to have access to all projects, boards, task and sub-task, but wants to restrict access to any reporting service.

Thanks for any assistance provided.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Иван Кузнецов May 16, 2018

@Benny Argohow works your reporting service?

Benny Argo May 16, 2018

I have installed All-In-One Reporting. Which is an add-ons.

@Benny ArgoYou have to check addon documentation:

https://aioreports.freshdesk.com/support/home

As I undestood, your reporting service is working according Browse issue project permission. If user have this permission, he can build report, if not - that no :). If it correct, you have conflict with two requirements. For this case reporting it will be more logical to request JIRA data via technical user or Administrator and only completed reports available for end-users.

Did you tried disable permissions for some user and check report availability?

@Benny Argoadditionally, you have possibility to administer AIO permissions. So you can grant access to report only for restricted user group without restrictions to projects.

https://aioreports.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/42000014408-how-to-control-access-to-the-add-on-

Untitled4.png

Benny Argo May 16, 2018

Thank you Иван Кузнецов.

That was the answer i was looking for.

0 votes
Sam May 16, 2018

HI,

Create a permission scheme for the project in settings->issues->permission scheme. you can add different permissions for a group, single user, role etc. And assign this permission scheme to your project. If you want certain users to have only read permission just grant them only browse permission. If you want only the scrum master to have the permission to manage sprints. then grant manage sprints permission to only single user with the name of scrum master. In such a way all the permissions can be restricted. If you want the users to restrict on all the user stories but you want them to just look the content in your project just give browse permission. To my knowledge only reports cannot be restricted. If I am wrong please correct me. 

All-In-One reporting helps you to customize reports. It is a paid add-on which works fine for us. 

Thanks,

Sai. 

Benny Argo May 16, 2018

Thanks Sai,

I will look into you suggestion.

While I was researching how to setup Jira for the request I have I ran across the All-In-One reporting service and it appeared to fit the bill.

Sam May 16, 2018

To my knowledge reports can be generated by directly going into the project. A person who has at least read permission can see the reports in reports section inside the project.

AIO is a 3rd party plugin. The permissions we set only deals with in the Add-on.

For example select all the users you wish not to have access and create them to a group. and in AIO Admin access and permissions uncheck the group you created so that all the users in that group cannot generate view the reports inside this Add-on. But if the same users have access to the project they can go inside a project and view the reports. 

Suggest an answer