Restoring from Cloud prod to Cloud dev instance

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

I recently setup a second site for Jira & Confluence to use for testing/trying/playing outside of our production instance. I've seen a couple questions asked and answered about restoring from one site to another, but I'm still not clear about a few things.

If I currently do not have users setup for access to the"dev" site, will they suddenly gain access when I restore their data to the new site, e.g. - is it going to restore users along with  the users' rights to projects and spaces?

Will app (plug-in) data still exist and be accessible if I install the app in the dev instance?

If this process doesn't go well for some reason, is there a way to "initialize" the instances back to empty?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

Restoring from the JIRA backup of your production site will overwrite all the data and make the restored site IDENTICAL to the site backed up.  You need to install any plugins on the new site BEFORE restoring the data. I don't have confluence so I can't speak to that. 

Suggest an answer