Restart jira cloud instance

vedasri g February 16, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to integrate between JIRA and netcool. For that i want to restart jira cloud instance (trial version). Can any one help me out to restart JIRA cloud instance.

Thanks & Regards,

Vedasri.

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2018

You do not have the ability to restart Cloud instances, and you should not need it either.

Why do you think you need to restart it?

0 votes

Hi Nic,

I am following below link to integration between JIRA and Netcool.

http://blog.orb-data.com/using-ibm-netcool-impacts-new-restful-api-to-integrate-with-atlassian-jira-service-desk/#comment-5634

I imported the certificate in impact and netcool. Even though the connection is not established.

I followed below link to importing certificate in GUI:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-import-a-public-ssl-certificate-into-a-jvm-867025849.html#HowtoimportapublicSSLcertificateintoaJVM-commandline

Do you have any idea how to integrate. Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Vedasri.

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2018

JIRA cloud already comes with SSL certificate installed on it. You can't have any backend access to JIRA cloud. 

When you are integrating Atlassian applications with other applications both should have a secure connection (Https).   Make sure your Netcool is running on https.

vedasri g February 18, 2018

Hi Ash,

But when i am trying to integrate from netcool to JIRA.

It is showing the error as "Unable to connect to data source because of an SSL exception, see help documentation on Enabling SSL connections with external servers"

It means their is no SSl certificate imported in Impact and GUI right. I have not find any SSL certificate in Web. If you have please provide me the SSL certificate.

Best Regards,

Vedasri.

0 votes

Actually I am Integrating between JIRA and Netcool , imported a certificate in impact and GUI servers. I through to restart JIRA instance to integrate between JIRA and netcool.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2018

No, sorry, I asked why you think you want to restart Jira?

You can't do anything to a Cloud instance that would make it need a restart, so I am asking why you seem to think a restart is needed.

I want to add JIRA instance as a data source in netcool impact by using RESTful API type data source. And it is not connecting displaying an error as SSl certificate is not available.

Do you have any idea how to create an ssl certificate for jira so that we can add that certificate in netcool impact.

I have provided the link below which i have followed to integrate between JIRA and netcool impact.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2018

I don't understand why you think you need to restart Jira to do that.  With SSL, I suspect you need to import certificates into Netcool to allow it to connect to Jira, but that's all.

Like Carlos Florit Navarro likes this

Thank you Nic I understood. But I have one doubt that I am unable to establish the connection even after import the certificate which I got it from below link. Do you have any SSL certificate of JIRA. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2018

I do not understand "Do you have any SSL certificate of Jira?"

I run Jira on SSL, so I've got my certificates set up there.

vedasri g February 18, 2018

Thanks for response Nic, I have not find any where jira SSL certificate. How did you run jira on SSL..? can you please tell me procedure. 

vedasri g February 19, 2018

what is the process to setup SSL Certificate.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2018

Cloud is already running on SSL, you don't need to do anything.

I suspect the problem is on the other end, with your Netcool system not having certificates?  Could you confirm that the error is happening on that side?

vedasri g February 19, 2018

Yea Nic, it is showing the error as "Unable to connect to data source because of an SSL exception, see help documentation on Enabling SSL connections with external servers"

If I clear the check box (use HTTPS) then it shows the error as "Error 503: Failed to connect to RESTful API: -1."

If I have Jira SSL certificate in Impact and GUL servers the problem might resolving..

But I finding the certificate any where.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2018

Use a browser to export the certificate it has negociated with Cloud.

vedasri g February 20, 2018

Do you have certificate Nic. I have not found in the browser.

I tried in other way, that I installed Jira in Linux and used that jira in browser. I established connection between Netcool and Jira I got "connection OK". I do not know how to write policy for jira. 

Do you know how to write policy for jira. Please help me on policy part.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2018

How do you expect me to have a certificate for your system?

vedasri g February 21, 2018

Thanks you for response Nic and sorry for late reply. I got database connection Ok. And I just want how to write the policy for RESTful API.

vedasri g February 22, 2018

Hi Nic,

Thank for reply I got integration.

Where I made mistake is "due to spaces in policy I got errors in restful API policy". I cleared the errors and I did same as shown in  "http://blog.orb-data.com/using-ibm-netcool-impacts-new-restful-api-to-integrate-with-atlassian-jira-service-desk/#comment-5634" site. The issue get created. ;-).

Suggest an answer