Resolved vs. closed in notification scheme

Kathrine Lauritzen September 25, 2014

I want to send a Reporter a notification when a ticket has been approved. The workflow is as follows:

1. In progress --> 2. Resolved --> 3. Approved

In step 2 a resolution is set by the Developer. In step 3 the project manager approves. When this is done, I want the email to be sent to the reporter. In the notification scheme it is possible to choose "Issue closed"

My question is how JIRA defines when that is? Both my "resolved" status and my "Approved" status is "green statusses". 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2014

Notifications are driven by events.  Events are fired by changes to issues.  In this case, workflow is firing events.  So, you need to look at each transition, checking what events are fired by the transition (it's on the "post functions" tab) and update the workflow to fire the right events.

You can add your own events to be used in workflows - it's quite common to see "issue approved" added to the standard list.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2014

Check Workflow --->Post Function-->Fire a XXXX event that can be processed by the listeners

Then Check Notifications–>

Events–>XXXX

Notifications-->?

Suggest an answer