It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Resolution is not displayed with the new issue view

hi.

When I view an issue (story, sub task) the resolution is not displayed in the new issue view.

only if I switch to the old view, I can see it.

Is it on purpose or a bug?

5 answers

Hi,

I'm having similar problem. When I update the screen - I can see the resolution field when I create a new issue (Bug / Story). But,  I still cannot see the resolution when I view the issue in the issue detail page or on a board page.

0 votes

Hello,

Try to add the resolution field to the view screen.

I have tried adding it but simply can't get it to appear. I ended up reverting to the old view and it's there

Like Jean-Luc likes this

It's easy to miss, but it appears.

image.png

See the 'Done'

That's where the resolution is.

Like Michal Brutvan likes this

Hi, I'm having the same issue.  I have 'resolution' listed in my Issue Screen Layout but its not visible to update on the new screen layout.   In your illustration above, where did you set the resolution to Done ?

Agree, it is visible on the Issue but is not editable in the new UI. The only way to edit it is in the old UI, which is then reflected in the new UI. 

I have tried removing and adding the field again on the "Configure Screen" page but no success.

Like # people like this

I have the same question as Milind, is there anyway to have the "resolution" editable in the new UI?

Thanks

While it shows it does always show the same value: Done. Even if I set the resolution to a different value. BUGGY!!!

@Alexey Matveev -cPrime-  Timeline on fix here? This is completely screwing up our reporting.

Add it to the view screen however pay attention that if you set a resolution, it will be shown by the closed tickets even if the status is not closed ...it can be confusing for the customers. Also if you add it to the screen you have to provide a resolution at an early stage, and it does not always make sense. (I had the same issues not long ago)

As @Milind Thakur pointed out, I can only find the way to change it, if I use the "old UI". Where can I changed it in the new UI?

Like Kourosh Vuarnier likes this

Hey, the same issue facing for almost 3 weeks but still not getting any way to resolve it as it becomes very difficult to change the resolution from old view. Also in a new view, if we can not have a resolution field it is unable to search resolution's other status through search issues and filters.  

How is this issue not addressed yet? I just filed a support ticket for the exact same problem. New UI is entirely broken in respect to 'Resolution' field. As others have posted the only way to consistently view/edit it is using the 'old' jira view, which has its own pitfalls.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Introducing new features for Jira Software Cloud's roadmap

Hi Atlassian community, A few months ago, we offered a sneak peak of the new hierarchy view on the roadmap. Thank you for all the feedback (and excitement) and for helping us shape the direction of...

25,422 views 118 90
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you