Resolution Date dosen't set althout i have a resolution setup

Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2022

Hi,

I have a strange case - in some of the cases, the Resolution Date doesn't set although I have a resolution setup.

Here I have the status and Resolution setup:

expl-1.png

But when I use the function "Where is my field" it says I don't have a resolution...

Expl-2.png

But as you can see in the first picture, I have a resolution setup (is a custom one with a name out company uses, but it's no different than done or any other).

Can somebody help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2022

It sounds like you created a custom field named resolution (is a custom one...). If that is correct, the resolution date will not be set because it pulls from the system resolution field. JIra uses the ID of the field, which means you can create fields with the same names as system fields or other custom fields. 

Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2022

@Joe Pittactually i didn't - i just checked, I have no custom field called "resolution" or anything close to that.

There is just a System field - called Resolution.

Suggest an answer