Reporting on Open/Unresolved Ticket but Also Closed in the Last 7 days

Adam Taylor August 6, 2019

Hi,

I'm working on a report within Jira that shows all currently Open/Unresolved incidents within a Service Desk but also any incidents that have been closed within the Last 7 days. 

Looking at previous posts the below is the closest request to what i'm trying to achieve:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Query-to-show-open-issues-and-issues-closed-in-last-x-days/qaq-p/755434

However, using the following query it seems to give me every incident that has been closed within a 7 day period:

project = SSD AND (resolved >= -7d OR status != Done) ORDER BY created DESC

Can this be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2019

Hi @Adam Taylor ,

so sorry, but I don't understand the problem. Isn't that the result you wanted to see (every incident that has been closed within a 7 day period) ?

Hi @Thomas Schlegel ,

I thought after i wrote this it might need a bit more details so here goes. 

Every week i'm currently building a report manually that i'm adding to confluence which takes times to do. In this report we look at any open tickets (some of these can be a few months old, the oldest we have was created in February) and also we review any tickets that have been closed in the last 7 days. 

This is put together for a compliance meeting so that they can see every ticket that have comes through to the service desk over the last 7 days along with reviewing older outstanding incidents.

Does this make more sense of what i'm trying to achieve?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2019

Thank you, Adam.

I think, your JQL should do exactly what you describe - if your closed issues have a resolution. If not, this might be the problem.

You can replace "resolved >= -7d" with "status changed to Done after -7d" - maybe then the result is correct. But if it is, you should have a look why your closed issues don't have a resolution. 

If the result is still wrong, I need to know, what exactly is wrong.

Yes in part its working.

Let me break it down a little bit more: 

Sp currently i have two queues that i use to manually generate this report. The first one i've titled > "Created in the Past 7 Days" which i used the JQL 'created > startOfDay(-7d)'.

This gives me any incidents no matter what status they are in that were created in the LAST 7 days. 

I then look at a report that shows me all OPEN tickets no matter how old they are:

'resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY created DESC, "Time to resolution" ASC'

So i basically want these combined to show me everything in that queue that is currently in an Unresolved but has also be resolved in the last 7 day period.

When i write it down its hard for me to make it make sense. 

I've added a table of what i want to see on the off chance it makes more sense that way.Jira Example.PNG

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2019

Do you want issues which were closed in the last 7 days (as you described in your first post) or do you want issues which were created in the last 7 days (as you described in your last post). 

I don't want to be annoying, sorry for that - but I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve and which issues are missing when you query this: 

project = SSD AND (resolved >= -7d OR status != Done)

So here are some queries that might help you:

Issues which were resolved during the last seven days

resolved >= -7d

Issues which were closed during the last seven days

status changed to DONE after -7d

Issues which were created during the last seven days

created >= -7d

Not closed issues

status != Done

Combinations

(status != Done OR status changed to Done after -7d)

(status != Done OR created >= -7d)

(status != Done OR resolved >= -7d)

Thanks for your patience @Thomas Schlegel . 

If it can be done i would like to look at all tickets that are still currently open but also those that have been closed in the last 7 days. 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2019

No problem, Adam.

Have you tried the query 

status != Done OR status changed to Done after -7d

This really should give you the result you are looking for.

Once again: which issues are missing? We're running in circles, if you can't say, what is actually the problem. 

I'm heading home soon, so I'll probably answer again tomorrow, if the problem still exists.

Suggest an answer