Report for Smart commits

Ashish Buddha August 5, 2021

Hello ,

I have recently enabled Smart commits between confluence and Github. Now I want to generate a report to see if any of my teams commits do not have an associated Jira ticket. 

whats is the best way to generate this report ? Would it be from Jira /Guthib / Confluence ?

Thanks

Ashish

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2021

Hi Ashish,

I am not familiar with integrating Confluence with developer information from a source like Github.  But I know that in Jira, these integrations require first that you follow steps such as Integrate with GitHub.  Once that is done, you still have to make sure that the commit message included the Jira issuekey.  For Jira this is explained in Reference issues in your development work.  If the commits don't have the Jira issuekey, Jira is not going to be able to provide any reporting on this information.

Provided Jira does have that commit data visible, then you can create JQL searches to look either for issues with commit data, or for issues without commits.  How to do that can be explained in documentation Advanced searching - development fields reference.  So for example, you could use an advanced JQL search of

development[commits].all = 0

Which will return to you all the issues in Jira that do not have an commit data on them.

Does that help?

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events