Report based on Custom Field data.

Hi All,
I have a question related to reports.
We have a custom field which identifies the location (for example, Alpha, Beta etc), and each developer can book time .... the question is can we use this data to produce the following type of report per month or between two sets of dates:

2015-02-16 13-00-31.png

1. Is there any JQL that can be used for this ?
2. Can I do this with Timesheet Report plugin?

If someone could give me an example this would be very helpful.

Many thanks in advance!

1 answer

Hey Serge,

to ensure compatibility with timesheet reporting plugins, I would consider adding sub-task to the mix which contain the location. This of course depends on your setup and if you have sub-tasks in use already; Generall you could create a type of subissue called "Location" or similar and create this for each work that is done with a similar naming for reference.
Within this task, everyone can log their time per issue & location and this would use JIRA-default time-tracking mechanisms that all reporting addons should pull their data from.
You can see these as "meta issues" and as a further step, consider hiding them using security groups so they don't mess up your project for other users.

I hope this approach renders helpful for your situation.

Regards,
Philipp

Hi Philipp, Many thanks for your reply, I'll check it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

465 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you