Report based on Custom Field data.

S February 16, 2015

Hi All,
I have a question related to reports.
We have a custom field which identifies the location (for example, Alpha, Beta etc), and each developer can book time .... the question is can we use this data to produce the following type of report per month or between two sets of dates:

2015-02-16 13-00-31.png

1. Is there any JQL that can be used for this ?
2. Can I do this with Timesheet Report plugin?

If someone could give me an example this would be very helpful.

Many thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

Hey Serge,

to ensure compatibility with timesheet reporting plugins, I would consider adding sub-task to the mix which contain the location. This of course depends on your setup and if you have sub-tasks in use already; Generall you could create a type of subissue called "Location" or similar and create this for each work that is done with a similar naming for reference.
Within this task, everyone can log their time per issue & location and this would use JIRA-default time-tracking mechanisms that all reporting addons should pull their data from.
You can see these as "meta issues" and as a further step, consider hiding them using security groups so they don't mess up your project for other users.

I hope this approach renders helpful for your situation.

Regards,
Philipp

S March 4, 2015

Hi Philipp, Many thanks for your reply, I'll check it.

Suggest an answer