Replying to email not going through

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2022

Hi, 

I would like to ask if you do have any clue, why no emails have been going to customer, when I have tried to replied them in JIRA in comments section?

Also when I send email from address, which Jira do not know, she will not create an issue, which seems odd to me...

email screen.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2022

I am actually strugling as I everytime non-customer sends an email, no request is created. No idea why is it like that.

Also when I reply on request, which i have created as a registered user no email is received on my email - again, not sure why, anybody help?

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2022

Already solved, issue was in settings.

Like Sammy Mathewson likes this
Sammy Mathewson August 17, 2022

Hi @Jan Šimek are you able to say how it was resolved? This might solve my issue too :)

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2022

Hi @Sammy Mathewson there were more issues:

1) when you are already a registered user and you are writing FROM the same email address as your registered account, no email will be sent as JIRA thinks, that you have to know about it, since you are writing yourself.

2) whenever non-customer (in JIRA) send email, if JIRA does not recognised the email address, it will never create a request for it. Which means you have to add it to CUSTOMERS in the project.

3) there might be issues with your settings - probably check if you have allowed or denied everything correctly.

As a result of my project I am actually stucked, because I cannot use it as I intended. Because when you work on customer - supplier base, you can automate the process of receiving requests from customers, as email handler is scanning the inbox, but when you want to create a request on supplier, you cannot do it in JIRA itself, but by creating it on portal as JIRA thinks, that you are creating the request instead of your CUSTOMER (Supplier), so if you would to create the request by clicking on CREATE button, when you will try to send in comments anything to the supplier, it will not be send as it was not correctly created (not in portal). For me it is actually unthincable as I have disabled portal.

Hope it will help your case.

Like Sammy Mathewson likes this
Sammy Mathewson August 17, 2022

Thank you @Jan Šimek :) 

my knowledge about Jira has a lot of gaps, but this might help someone else solve my issue in my team. thank you for your help

Like Jan Šimek likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events