Reordering tickets within a release

Ali Zuccato April 10, 2019

Hi there,

Trying to figure out how to reorder the tickets within my release so I can confirm what to expect from the front-end and back-end branches and help with my release notes, but I'm only able to see the tickets based on priority and Google has been less than helpful.

Does anyone know how to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Elad Ben-Noam April 16, 2019

Hi Ali,

I'm not sure what and where do you see your tickets.

If you don't already have a board, create a new board for your project.

The default board filter settings is  "ORDER BY Rank" so when you go to the backlog screen, you can drag issues up and down and this will be their rank and it will provide you a ranked list of issues for the version.

Please let me know if you are looking for something else.

Ali Zuccato April 16, 2019

Thank you for your response but that doesn't exactly answer my question. I think it's an odd one so I apologize if I didn't explain myself properly. 

Within the release page (in the old Jira), you can see all off the tickets that are going into that specific release. It's those tickets that I'm trying to reorder. 

Elad Ben-Noam April 21, 2019

In the releases tab, i'm not familiar with a way to view the issues by rank.

I would suggest the ranked backlog view. If you have a scrum board (or a kanban board with separate backlog tab), you can open the side tab "versions" (/"releases" depending on the jira version). When selecting the wanted version - it will filter other backlog issues and you will see the issuers of a specific release ordered by rank.

versions_1.pngversions_2.png

Like Ali Zuccato likes this
Ali Zuccato April 23, 2019

Ok, awesome! Thanks so much!

Like Elad Ben-Noam likes this

Suggest an answer