Reoccurring Weekly Tasks in Jira

Tara O_Neill November 25, 2014

Hi, 

I am wondering how I can set some tasks as reoccurring so that they automatically appear in our weekly sprints. I see that an add on called TheScheduler can do this but there is no link to UPLOAD ADD ON as per the instructions.

Choose "Add-Ons", then navigate to "Manage Add-Ons" (the "Install" section in older versions).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Tara

2 answers

0 votes
Jose Raupp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2014

Hey Tara,

I'm afraid that's not really possible in JIRA OnDemand, and there isn't any plugin that's available for OnDemand that can perform this. But, with some coding and development, you can make use of client applications like JIRA CLI from Bob Swift softwares to create recurring tasks. I'd suggest taking a look at the following thread:

Also, we have an improvement request for this at:

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5185

You may want to vote for this and add yourself as a watcher to get notified on future updates.

Cheers,

Jose

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2014

The Scheduler is not available for JIRA Cloud, so I guess you're stuck unless someone else has a solution for you.

Suggest an answer