Removing my name from notifications

Dylan Chadinha October 16, 2019

Hi All,

I have created a Project for another client, I am the admin on the account and have added the project role to another person who will be in charge of that helpdesk.

My question is when a call has been updated from waiting for support ---> in Progress 

my name keeps being sent through, how do i remove my name from that notification so when this automatically is changed it actually uses the project roles name instead of the person who created the projects name.

Thanksupport1.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

Hi @Dylan Chadinha 

As per my understanding, the notification will be sent throughout the user name who made the changes on that respective ticket like ticket transitions, updated or commented but not the user name who created the project.

As shown in the attached snapshot ...you might be updated the ticket hence your name has been sent in the notification.

I don't think so we can change the notification message with the project role instead of the user name using Jira configuration...but this can be done using script/custom notifications.

But the problem here is..if you send a notification with project role name ...then how you will come to know which user made the changes to the ticket...for example Developer role...in this role around 15 users are there.

Dylan Chadinha October 17, 2019

Hi @Yogesh Mude ,

Thank-You kindly for the updated answer, Could i ask how do I change the project owner of a project if possible?

Thanks

Dylan Chadinha October 22, 2019

Hi @Yogesh Mude ,

Thank-You kindly for the updated answer, Could i ask how do I change the project owner of a project if possible?

Thanks

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2019

HI @Dylan Chadinha 

In Jira, the project owner is nothing but Project lead ..so to change this you need to navigate to Project settings --> details page, where you can find the project lead at the bottom and change it.

Dylan Chadinha October 23, 2019

@Yogesh Mude ,

Thanks kindly

Suggest an answer