Remove Assignee field from issue type

Toke K October 24, 2018

For the board of an owner's union, I need an issue type for meetings. The fields are meeting time, agenda, and minutes, and the workflow goes from scheduled through ongoing to concluded. We don't need an assignee for this type, however, so I would like to remove it. Is there any way to achieve this? The interface is already cluttered enough for our less tech-savvy members (whose familiarity with IT is limited to emails).image.png

2 answers

2 votes
George Dixon March 5, 2020

This is possible using field configuration schemes. 

In Jira -> Jira Settings -> Issues -> Field Configurations
Create a new field configuration, and hide the assignee field in it.

Then, in Jira -> Jira Settings -> Issues -> Field Configuration Schemes
Create a new scheme, and add your new field configuration to the issue type you want to remove assignee from.

Finally, assign the field configuration scheme to your project.

Eliza Leong May 28, 2021

This worked for me. Thanks.

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2018

Hello,

Go to project settings -> Fields and hide the assignee field.

Toke K October 26, 2018

Thanks! However, that removes the field for all issue types, and I only want to hide it on the type for meetings. Can I disable/hide the assignee field for specific issue types?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2018

It is not possible.

Suggest an answer