Reminder Email - Waiting for Approval status issues

Shah Baloch December 3, 2020

Once the issue gets created it goes to "Waiting for Approval" status, all approvers get an email to approve the issue. I want to send a reminder email to approvers if the issue status is "Waiting For Approval" for more than 24 hours. 

I added an extra status "Open" in the workflow. I created an SLA with 24 hours of response time. I also created two automation where transition gets change. The first automation changes the status to Open and the second automation changes the transition back to "Waiting For Approval".

I thought approvers get the "Waiting for Approval" email whenever transition gets the change to "Waiting for Approval", however, it is not sending the Waiting for approval email to approvers. The reporter is the only one who's getting the email about the issue status change from "Wating for Approval" to "Open" and then "Open" to "Waiting for Approval".

I try to add a script in the workflow post function. It works, but the problem is it will send emails to all approvers even if someone already approves the issue.

How to send reminder emails to those approvers who didn't approve the issue yet? Screenshots are enclosed. Thank you

PPR_01.JPGPPR_02.JPGPPR_03.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Looks like you are doing the same thing as in this question.  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Service-Desk-Reminder-for-pending-approval/qaq-p/932791  This user used an automation rule like you but added a post function to the transition to send out the email to approvers. 

Shah Baloch December 4, 2020

I think they installed an addon which we don't want to install an addon just for one purpose. Installing many add-on cause system slowness which we're trying to avoid. I was thinking of something without an add-on or make it work with existing resources. Thank you for your reply.

Suggest an answer