Releses

Denys Mokhynia January 4, 2022

Hello everyone!

I have admin rights in our Jira. Any newbie with access to Jira cannot see another project until the one they want is added to the project. No admin rights in a projects, except Jira-admin. 

Sometimes people ask add release to a project or realise ver x.xx etc. I try decide it and i have such ideas like:

1. Lead of the project create some issue - queuns - releases

- Name: creat release Descrioption:  x.xx

- Name: release version Description: x.xx

Something like that + automation rules 

2. Best its - issue from Portal to our Service Desk project where they can choose 

Project - visible must be only that they can see

what do to - release or create

They can choose ver of their project - if need or enter the name\ver

I understand that can realise by JQL, but maybe somebody did something like that.

2 answers

0 votes
Denys Mokhynia January 5, 2022

I try to found a solution that people havent admin rights in a project. But they can creat issue in portal and jira system will do it automaticaly with automotion rules.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

Sounds like a good work around. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Hi Denys,

I am not exactly sure of your question, but bottom line is that you have to be a Project Administrator to create Versions/Releases and to actually do a Release.

Does that answer your question? 

Denys Mokhynia January 4, 2022

I know that only user with admin role in a project can do this. I said that users havent admin rigts in a projects. I try found solution with automation.

Suggest an answer