Relation with CustomWare Zendesk Connector Plugin?

Martijn Heemels July 4, 2013

It's not clear to me what the relationship is between the CustomWare Zendesk Connector Plugin that I currently have installed and the Zendesk for JIRA plugin.

Trying to install Zendesk for JIRA from the marketplace claims it's already installed and links me to the configure page of the CustomWare plugin in my Jira installation.

Can anyone clarify?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

I believe that the Customware Zendesk Connector plugin is an older release; the Zendesk for JIRA plugin is a newer one.

You might want to copy down the settings for the old Customware plugin, uninstall it and install the newer plugin. I reckon the reason why the latter is saying that it's already installed is because of a similar plugin pattern that is being used in the older plugin.

Martijn Heemels July 4, 2013

Thanks. I just tried that. Uninstalled Customware plugins completely and installed Zendesk for JIRA. Surprisingly, it showed up in Jira as the 3 Customware plugins: CustomWare Core Connector, CustomWare JIRA Connector, CustomWare Zendesk Connector Plugin. It seems almost like the Zendesk for JIRA naming is only used on the marketplace.

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Yup, I thought of the same thing as well. Actually, from what I can recall, the Zendesk plugin is developed by Customware (now ServiceRocket). It used to be called the CustomWare Zendesk Connector Plugin, and since it has been renamed to Zendesk for JIRA, they might have forgotten to rename the packages which are responsible for the naming of the plugin.

Essentially, the function remains the same, so I reckon you have no worries on that part.

0 votes
IntegrateCloud February 20, 2014

Can you try www.integratecloud.com connect Zendesk and JIRA easily.We have a free plan for life and much easy.Following is a short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpxTq9_uvlk

Suggest an answer